Why Do you Need an Open Source Node.js based CMS?
Whenever we mention CMS, our minds often turn towards WordPress, Joomla, and many other similar CMS platforms.
But, the developers are focusing more on Node.js based CMS these days. The ability of a Node.js based CMS to provide a strong, consistent, and user-friendly websites has led to it being website developers’ top choice.
Open source Node.js based CMS allows the developers with a reasonable amount of flexibility to build a website as per the requirements.
As an open-source system, it is free of cost, and you can make the changes conveniently.
We will be focusing on the top open-source Node.js based CMS that can help you transform your website.
Top 8 Open Source Node.js based CMS
It is a MEAN framework-based CMS, and it is popular amongst users. Here are some of its key features:
- It offers multifactor authentication as well as a token-based authentication system.
- It has enhanced API security and provides APIs to display content to your liking at whichever location.
- It offers seamless integration with different email marketing and website marketing platforms and provides highlights from the Google Analytics dashboard.
- All the media files and relevant data are kept on the cloud platforms; hence you can get the backup whenever required.
AprostropheCMS is a free and open-source Node.js based CMS with following salient features:
- Its user-friendly database helps the content creators to provide customized drop-down icons, schemas, etc. quickly.
- It is easy to integrate pagination, navigation, and minimize the dependence on CSS.
- It provides an industry-standard document storage model that is powered by MongoDB.
- It provides convenient APIs to improve security standards and also provides unique identification systems.
It is a first, full-featured open-source Node.js based CMS that fulfills all the requirements of a modern website. Let’s take a look at some of its salient features:
- It provides full blogging capabilities to its users and a relational data creation and management system.
- It also provides a plugin framework that can modify core functionalities.
- It can easily integrate with modern-day web technologies such as Redis, MongoDB, Bootstrap, AngularJs, etc.
- Its web design mobile responsive, and it is designed for cloud use, and hence you don’t have to worry about security and user interface.
You May Also Like to Read: Top 6 Use Cases of MongoDB
It is a ReactJS based platform and is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux. Here are some of its key features:
- It is a highly customizable platform, and you can make the required changes pretty easily with this one.
- It offers easier integration with social media platforms as well as email marketing platforms.
- It is an ideal fit for eCommerce websites, and it offers online payment plugin integration.
It is an open-source Node.js based CMS that is popular for its speed and user interface. Let’s look at its key features:
- It is one of the most flexible platforms and provides simplified yet structured content management.
- You can easily store, backup, recall, and delete the content as you like with this platform.
- It is a mobile-friendly platform and provides a quick and responsive user interface.
- You can also integrate social media platforms, email marketing channels easily with Buckets.
Strapi is one of the most prominent headless CMS platforms that provides the following features:
- It provides a simplified content framework and offers a seamless content management service.
- It also provides customized layouts so that you can make the required changes without much hassle.
- It also allows API integration to enhance content management capabilities.
- Its flexible structure allows you to define, structure, move, delete, recall content comfortably.
- It also provides integration with email marketing platforms through APIs.
- It has enhanced security with JSON Web Token, commonly known as JWT token to secure data transfers.
- It also offers seamless integration with relational and non-relational databases like MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, etc.
Sanity is an open-source Node.js based CMS that is built on the ReactJS platform. Here are some of its key features:
- It provides a simplified and instant user interface for complex fields, and it is responsive for mobile, tablets, and all other devices.
- It can integrate with relational and non-relational databases comfortably.
- It is flexible and easily customizable, so you can mold as per your liking.
- It provides APIs to enhance reading, writing, and listening updates.
- It is secure, scalable, and GDPR compliant architecture.
- It is useful for an eCommerce website with the tailor-made APIs for payment gateways.
Ghost is also a ReactJS based headless CMS with which you can customize posts, branding, pages, etc. Let us look at some of its salient features:
- It offers easy integration with several marketing platforms.
- You can build a website in multiple languages with this platform and also integrate social media platforms.
- It is mobile-responsive and provides a simplified yet pleasant user experience.
- It has enhanced security parameters through multi-factor authentication and other security APIs.
Companies are looking to use open-source Node.js based CMS for the website development these days as they are free, customizable.
In addition to all this, it offers rich user experience, less loading time, platform integration, and many other benefits.
Also Read: Top 5 ECM Use Cases