In this age of digital revolution, many companies already have a huge presence on the social media platforms. They are trying to create innovative strategies such as User-Generated Content, Social Customer Service, influencer marketing; to reach to the potential customers in a human, and non-intrusive way.
We will discuss the User-Generated Content (UGC) and its impact on Social Media Marketing in this blog.
What is User Generated Content (UGC)?
It is generally referred to as the content generated by the users to promote a brand. It usually contains text, images, videos, info-graphics, and animated GIFs. As it is created by the users and not the company itself; it is called as User Generated Content.
This technique is improving the brand credibility, brand sentiment amongst many others. It also enables the posts to reach past the ad blockers as they don’t typically come off as advertisements.
Impact of User-Generated Content (UGC)
User-Generated Content not only helps the brand to understand their target audience but also the user engagement and the average time spent on the website.
Increased engagement and the improved average time spent on the website results in higher conversion rates as well as it increases customer satisfaction.
User-Generated Content provides the customers, and prospects with a platform to communicate; resulting in a strong brand presence and ultimately stronger community.
UGC helps the brands to portray themselves more human and interactive medium to communicate; and also helps the brands to be more trustworthy.
User-Generated Content definitely helps the brands but it also creates some challenges which organizations have to overcome. The challenges are listed below.
- People create the material, so the companies don’t have any legal authority over it; they cannot use the material as their own.
- Content creation is in the customer’s hand, so there is a need for moderation if it comes off as off-topic or insulting, irrelevant, or harmful with the brand image.
Strategies to encourage User-Generated Content
It is a difficult task to drive the users to create content for your website unless you are a well-known brand. Here are a few tips which may help you drive more UGC
- Try to be more engaging through the social media posts
- Reward your customers randomly with trade show tickets or coupons etc. to push them to do the content creation
- Ask your employees to create the content for the company
- Curate the content wherever possible for the marketing campaigns
User-Generated Content plays a vital role in improving your brand reputation, conversions and overall performance on social media; but there are few challenges which you need to overcome. If you get that mix right, your social media presence and conversions are bound to increase.
Since You are Here: